FAMILY OPEN HOUSE
RAIN or SHINE
INDOOR AND OUTDOOR EXHIBITS
Monday, April 17, 2017
5 – 7 P.M.
WILLIAMSON COUNTY PRECINCT
J. B. & Hallie Jester Annex
1801 E. Old Settlers Blvd.
ACTIVITES AND DISPLAYS
– Firetruck, EMS, HazMat, Constable & SWAT Vehicles
– Bearcat & Canine Unit Fire, EMS, HazMat and Law Enforcement Vehicles
– Voter Registration
– Williamson County Tax Office Information
– Child Car Seat Safety Information & Demonstrations (EMS)
– Learn CPR in 10 minute Demonstrations using dummies (EMS)
– Williamson County Master Gardeners (bag any diseased plant samples)
– Williamson County & Cities Health District Information on:
Immunizations, Health Services, WIC, Food Safety, Mosquito Management
Clinical Environmental Wellness Alliance
Texas A&M AgriLife Extension 4-H & Youth Development Programs
– D.J. Music by Round Rock Fire Department’s Mike Heard
Hamburgers, Veggie Burgers, Hotdogs
Bring your family and friends!
Did you now there is a Facebook Group just for the neighbors in BBP? The group is called Brushy Bend Park Neighborhood. This is a closed group, so membership is private and approved. Items posted from members of the group can appear in your Facebook news feed, but these items will only appear in the news feeds for members of the group. Non-members will not see these items unless you share them. The group can be used to share any neighborhood items, news, questions, events or information. The purpose of this group is to provide another way for neighbors to share information through social networking. We will continue to use the Homeowners email list, this website and the Nextdoor app to share information.
To join the Facebook group, go to the group in Facebook (website or app) and click Join Group in the top-right corner. You may have to wait a brief period for one of our group admins to approve your request.
The annual meeting was held on January 18th, with about 60 neighbors in attendance. Meeting minutes will be posted in the near future. 2017 dues continue to be accepted.
- Two new VPs were seated on the Board last night.
- Kristin Clardy takes over as VP for Membership. We thank Mark Verrico for his years of service to the neighborhood, as he steps away from the board.
- Melissa Smith takes over as VP for Activites (Social). We thank Noel Green for her years of service to the neighborhood as she steps away.
- Mark Martin will join the Architectural Review Committee
- Paul Lake was unanimously reelected as Board President!
- All other officers remain firmly ensconced in their roles on the Board.
- Watch for a draft of the deed restriction revisions in the next month or two. A committee has been hard at work revising and clarifying this document for the first time since the mid-seventies!
7:00 Welcome and Call to Order Paul Lake
7:05 Reading/Approval of 1/20/15 POA Mtg Minutes Beth Amundson
7:10 2016 – Year at a Glance Paul Lake
7:20 Treasurer’s Report Steve Sorenson
7:25 Neighborhood Crime Statistics and Neighborhood Watch David F/Matt K
7:35 Wilco Road Project Committee Report Brian Wickman
7:45 MUD – Aqua Texas Water Project Report Paul L./Brent R.
7:55 Committee Activity Reports Committee VP’s
– Social Committee – Noel Green – Community Affairs – Brian Wickman
– Architecture Comm.- Jeff/Michael/Steve – Membership – Mark Verrico
– Communications – Pat Harvey-Slager – Neighbor Assistance – Becky C
8:45 Nominations for Officers and Member Vote POA Members
8:55 New Business POA Members
Meeting Summary -Paul Lake
The annual meeting for Brushy Bend Park Property Owners Association is set for Wednesday, January 18th, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM.
Location is the Fellowship Hall at Round Rock Presbyterian Church, 4010 Sam Bass Rd.
Agenda to be posted shortly, but includes annual officer elections and an update on the transfer of our water system from BC MUD to Aqua, Inc.
Dues are payable ($50, annually) at the meeting or at any time via the website – http://brushybendparkhoa.com/wp/membership-payment
Ladies of Brushy Bend Park – If you want to join monthly ladies night please email Noel Green email@example.com. Ladies Night is typically the 3rd Tuesday evening of each month.
Please visit this link for Welcome Wagon information. http://brushybendparkhoa.com/wp/welcome-wagon
The LCRA project has completed the public notification phase and will enter the PUC (Public Utility Commission) application phase in the April/May 2016 time frame. This phase is important to the community as the LCRA will propose 6 or 8 possible routes to connect the Round Rock station (near Sam Bass Road and I35) to the Leander stations. This process could take up to 12 months to complete.
Many communities, including Brushy Bend Park have provided feedback on routes that would potentially impact their neighborhood. The Cities of Round Rock, Cedar Park and Leander have also documented their preferred routing.
The LCRA has set 2019 as a completion date for the project.
Brushy Bend Park POA
Please note our new Mailing Address for the POA is:
Brushy Bend Park Property Owners Association
2800 E. Whitestone Blvd. #120-101
Cedar Park, Tx 78613-7275
All exterior changes in BBP should be reviewed by any member of the Architectural Committee to help you avoid violations of the Deed Restrictions.